An opportunity exists for Unemployed Youths within the glass manufacturing sector. This opportunity is for candidates
who are passionate about pursuing and career and excel in “container glass making” Industry. The candidates will attend a formal 18-month Glass Forming Learnership program, designed to give the individuals the necessary skills to operate an IS Machine.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity at Isanti Glass 1, Germiston, Gauteng, you will need a minimum of Matric/Grade 12 (50% pass on Math & Physical Science), or N3 Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (50% pass on Math % Engineering Science 50%) or NCV Level 4 (50% pass on Math % Engineering Science 50%) plus strong motivation to learn and develop to become an IS Machine Operator.
Upon successful completion of the 18-month programme, you will be awarded a CHIETA qualification (NQF Level 3), which
will equip you for potential appointment within the glass manufacturing environment.
- Willingness to undergo intense on-the-job and other related training
- Attain theoretical and practical experience
- Completing all required theoretical and practical assessments
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Ambitious with a drive to learn and improve
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work under extreme noise and heat
- Willingness to work shifts and overtime
- Ability to work under strict forming guidelines of an IS Operator and Process Technician
- Consideration will be given to Isanti’s EE goals
- Appointment is subject to qualifications and integrity checks
- Should you not hear from us within 2 months of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful
Apply for this position
Please note, the matric certificate field is required. Oher certificate fields are required should the position request such documents.