Job Title: Cost & Management Accountant
Purpose of the Role:
An opportunity exists for an experienced, diligent individual to join the Isanti Finance team as a Cost & Management Accountant; responsible for overseeing and analysing cost expenditure within the company with a view to optimising costs and making recommendations to this effect
Key Performance Areas:
- Plan for and collect data regarding the determination of the cost of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labour
- Determine actual project costs of manufacturing and/or service provision, scrutinising associated company expenses and analysing profitability
- Analyse changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Count, validate, reconcile, and report on stock positioning during month-end activities in order to provide insight for the reporting of stock-associated metrics
- Provide insights on costs relating to the various categories of stock i.e. obsolete stock, slow-moving stock, spares, consumables etc.
- Perform weekly checks and reconciliations with regard to incoming raw materials, ensuring that received stock over the weighbridge is captured accurately (i.e. verifying procurement function and provided information).
- Analyse unit pricing and standard costing; analyse different areas and ensure that inputs and associated costs are acceptable according to standard cost metrics.
- Undertake price variance analyses in which deviations of actual cost versus forecasted or planned cost is analysed, as an indication of how business performance is being impacted by price.
- Calculate, investigate, and report on purchase price variances. Understand the nature and extent of the variances and anomalies.
- Update costing and pricing models to accommodate variances not accounted for to drive the continued accuracy of models and calculations.
- Engage with key stakeholders in Procurement and Finance to recommend changes to pricing based on data-driven insights regarding cost inputs to the manufacturing process.
- Record cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyse audits of costs and preparing reports
- Provide management reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Monitor the use of assets and resources within the team and own area of responsibility
- Provide input into required changes in resources to enable achievement of team and/ or own objectives.
- Determine resource needs of the team and/ or own area of work.
- Request and allocate required assets and resources for the fulfilment of work objectives.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post graduate qualification (NQF 6) in cost and management Accounting
- At least 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing/similar environment with large stock volumes
- Strong systematic problem-solving skills
- Advance excel skills
- Consideration will be given to Isanti’s EE goals
- Appointment is subject to qualifications and integrity checks